How to Connect to Uconnect®
Many CDJR vehicles for sale near Kansas City come equipped with the Uconnect® infotainment system. You may then ask yourself, “What is Uconnect®, and how do I set up Uconnect® on my vehicle?” Learn more with this easy-to-follow guide from Lee's Summit Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram so you can set up Uconnect® for your Dodge with Uconnect® phone services, and more.
What is Uconnect®?
Uconnect® is a lineup of advanced infotainment systems that allow drivers in Blue Springs to stay connected and entertained on the go. Whether you’re installing Uconnect® on Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, or RAM vehicles, you’ll enjoy the same feature set, from Uconnect® phone compatibility via Bluetooth® to Siri® Eyes Free, and more standard and available technologies, such as:
- High-resolution touchscreen interface
- Bluetooth® phone and audio connectivity
- Siri® Eyes Free
- Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto™ smartphone app integration
- Music streaming
- Turn-by-turn navigation system
- SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
- SiriusXM® Traffic and Weather
- Uconnect® Access App remote vehicle connectivity
- Mobile Wi-Fi
How Much Does Uconnect® Cost?
Uconnect® costs $14.99 a month to keep you connected with services like 9-1-1 Call, Roadside Assistance Call, Remote Vehicle Start, Send ’n Go™ & Vehicle Finder, and Stolen Vehicle Assistance. For $9.99 a day, you can also add a 3G Wi-Fi Hotspot to your Dodge Uconnect® so you can surf the web, check emails, and stay connected. Monthly subscriptions are also available to save your data without extra wear on your plan.
How to Register Your Uconnect® for Dodge or Jeep
It may be necessary to register your Uconnect® phone connection before you get started. If your Uconnect® phone is unavailable, or if you’re having trouble with Uconnect® setup or Uconnect® pairing, this may be the trouble. Learn how to set up your Uconnect® App below:
To register your Uconnect® for Dodge, it’s the same as with a Chrysler or RAM:
- Push the “Assist” button on your rearview mirror.
- Select the Uconnect® Care icon on your touchscreen.
- Let a Uconnect® Care agent register your vehicle and handle the rest.
To register your Jeep Uconnect® online:
- Press the Uconnect® apps button, and select “Register by Web.”
- Enter your email address.
- Check your email inbox for a link to complete your registration.
- Create an account, and start your trial.
How Do I Set Up Uconnect®?
It’s easy to connect your phone to the Uconnect® infotainment system. In doing so, you can make calls, stream music, and access your favorite smartphone apps from your touchscreen. In order to connect to your Uconnect® system via Bluetooth®, simply follow these steps:
- Push the Uconnect® button on the touchscreen or steering wheel.
- Wait for the prompt, and then say, “setup” and “phone pairing.”
- When prompted about what you want to do say, “Pair a phone.”
- Enter the default PIN number—either 0000 or the number specified in your owner’s manual.
- Confirm the PIN number.
- State a preferred name for your phone.
- Set your phone as the priority phone.
- Pick up your phone and find the Bluetooth® menu and make sure it is enabled.
- Command your phone to locate a new device.
- Select Uconnect® on your smartphone.
- Enter the 4-digit pin displayed for the Uconnect® system.
- Now you’re connected!
How Can I Reset Uconnect®?
If your infotainment system starts up to freeze up regularly, you may need to reset it. Before you follow our steps, note that you must follow our instructions carefully and compare them to any instructions you find in your owner’s so you don’t accidentally delete the upgrades your dealership installed. Also, these resetting instructions are for the latest UConnect version – 8.4. With that in mind, reset Uconnect® by following these steps:
- Put your vehicle in park and in “run” mode.
- Press and hold down the volume and tuner knob buttons simultaneously.
- Keep them pressed down for 10 – 20 seconds.
- After holding down the knobs, the screen should flash your vehicle brand name and then go dark.
- After a few moments, the make name will reappear, the system will restart, and it will return you to the main screen
This ought to help you deal with Uconnect® phone connectivity issues, navigation glitches, slow down, and other minor problems.
Experience Uconnect® for Yourself Today!
Make your way from Independence to check out our selection of CDJR vehicles equipped with Uconnect®, as well as our selection of trucks with features you can’t live without! If you still have questions about how to set up Uconnect® or our available offers and incentives, feel free to contact us today! From interest rates to Uconnect® how-to’s, we’re always standing by to assist you.
Related Posts from Lee's Summit Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
For the 2021 model year, there are 12 different Jeep Wrangler configurations to choose from. Whether you’re stuck between the Wrangler Sport vs. Wrangler Sahara or the Wrangler Sahara vs. Wrangler Rubicon, take a look at our guide to the Wrangler trim levels below to find your perfect match for the Kansas City roads. View Wrangler…
Whether you’ve got big jobs or big boats to take care of, Kansas City light duty truck drivers should give the 2021 RAM 1500 a second look. You’ve got up to 12,750 pounds of towing capacity when properly equipped, more than you can get on the Ford F-150 or the Chevy Silverado. We’re here to help…
Light-duty trucks like the 2021 RAM 1500 are perfect for hard workers in Kansas City or just people who want something nice in the driveway. The RAM 1500 trim levels are some of the best truck models you can buy and Lee's Summit Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram is about to give you the full scoop on them. RAM 1500 Inventory Contact…