How to Check Your Transmission Fluid
Transmission fluid lubricates the components in your vehicle’s transmission. You need to check your transmission fluid on a regular basis, so that your car easily shifts gears on Independence roads. In order to check your transmission fluid, you’ll need to:
- Turn your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram on. You’ll want to warm up the engine.
- Locate the transmission fluid dipstick. If you cannot locate the transmission fluid dipstick, you’ll want to consult your owner’s manual.
- Remove the transmission fluid dipstick. Handle the fluid with your hands. Move it around between thumb and forefinger.
- Inspect the fluid. Is it clear? If the fluid looks dirty, you’ll want to take your vehicle to a service center near you to get a replacement transmission.
- Clean the dipstick using a rag. Insert the dipstick back into the vehicle.
- Take the dipstick back out and check the dipstick level. If it is under the “full” marking, you’ll need to add more transmission fluid.
- Take a funnel – one you may use to change your car’s oil – to bring the fluid level up. Don’t overfill your transmission fluid.
Questions? Simply reach out to our service department by completing this contact service form. Explain in the message portion your transmission fluid worry, and our Kansas City-area experts will help you out.
How Often Should I Check My Transmission Fluid?
How often should you check your transmission fluid? Monthly. This check includes checking your transmission fluid, your power steering fluid, and your car’s oil. Of course, proceed with caution: consult your owner’s manual.
When Should I Change My Transmission Fluid?
It’s optimal to change your transmission fluid every 50,000 to 100,000 miles. The amount depends on your driving habits, transmission type, and a handful of other factors. Check your owner’s manual for a more specific replacement interval.
Transmission Fluid: Basics and Facts
Your transmission is one of the most complicated components in your vehicle. Before you check your transmission fluid, explore these tips:
- Not all transmission fluid is the same. Consult the owner’s manual of your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram vehicle to ensure you’re using the right transmission fluid.
- If your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram vehicle has a manual transmission, you’ll most likely need a jack to access the plug. This process may be complicated. If you visit our service center, however, we’ll take care of your transmission issues for you.
- Say your vehicle hesitates before shifting. You may have low transmission fluid.
- If your vehicle hesitates before shifting gears, it might be due to low transmission fluid or a more serious issue. Whichever the case may be, it’s wise to schedule service with experts.
Learn More About How to Check Your Transmission Fluid at Lee's Summit Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
We can help with any questions you have about vehicle service or maintenance, including questions about transmission fluid and brake longevity. Contact our service center by completing this easy-to-use secure form. In the message box, simply list your interest in learning more about transmission fluid. Alternatively, feel free to just in “schedule service.”
Service Specials at Lee's Summit Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
Not valid with any other offers. Must present coupon at time of purchase. Limit one per person. Other restrictions may apply. Coupon does not apply to previous purchases. Void where prohibited. See dealer for details.
1051 SE Oldham Parkway, Lee's Summit, MO
Buy 3 Tires, Get 1 for $1!
Expires: December 31, 2019
Related Posts from Lee's Summit Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
Transmission fluid lubricates the components in your vehicle’s transmission. You need to check your transmission fluid on a regular basis, so that your car easily shifts gears on Independence roads. In order to check your transmission fluid, you’ll need to: Turn your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram on. You’ll want to warm up the engine. Locate the transmission fluid…
Why are your brakes making a grinding noise? Your brakes may be at the end of their life cycle. You’ll want to find out as soon as you can – otherwise, you risk an accident on Kansas City roads. Learn more about brake sounds here at Lee's Summit Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram. Service Specials Mopar Brakes Contact Us 1. Your Brake…
Contact Us Changing the key fob battery for your Chrysler Pacifica or Chrysler 300 is easier than you might think! In fact, it takes just a few minutes. Here are the things you’ll need: Your Chrysler key fob, thin but sturdy nail file, and a new battery. Ready to go? Follow the steps below to…