How Much Does the RAM 1500 Weigh?
How much does the RAM 1500 weigh? The answer is more complicated than you might expect! The 2019 RAM 1500 weight ranges from 4,798 lbs to 5,374 lbs unloaded, with a design that enables high towing capacity and max payload capacity. But what about its Gross Vehicle Weight Rating? If that’s what you’re looking for, the RAM 1500 offers between 6,800 lbs and 7,100 lbs. What’s the difference? Here, Lee's Summit Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram breaks down what you need to know about curb weight, GVWR, and more.
RAM 1500 Curb Weight
Steel and aluminum engineering gives the 2019 RAM 1500 a top-notch measure of toughness, towing power, and surprising fuel economy. Still, each RAM 1500 trim level’s curb weight differs slightly:
- 2019 RAM 1500 Tradesman Curb Weight – Between 4,798 lbs and 5,227 lbs
- 2019 RAM 1500 Big Horn Curb Weight – Between 4,891 lbs and 5,160 lbs
- 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie Curb Weight – Between 4,891 lbs and 5,232 lbs
- 2019 RAM 1500 Rebel Curb Weight – Between 4,971 lbs and 5,374 lbs
- 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn Curb Weight– Between 4,903 lbs and 5,232 lbs
- 2019 RAM 1500 Limited Curb Weight – Between 4,903 lbs and 5,232 lbs
RAM 1500 Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)
Depending on your choice of trim level, the RAM 1500’s gross vehicle weight rating also shifts a small amount. That’s largely due to each model differing by its type of cabin—crew cab or quad cab—or the bed length. Learn more here:
- 2019 RAM 1500 Tradesman GVWR – Between 6,800 lbs and 7,100 lbs
- 2019 RAM 1500 Big Horn GVWR – Between 6,800 lbs and 6,900 lbs
- 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie GVWR – Between 6,800 lbs and 6,900 lbs
- 2019 RAM 1500 Rebel GVWR – Between 6,800 lbs and 6,900 lbs
- 2019 RAM 1500 Longhorn GVWR – 6,900 lbs
- 2019 RAM 1500 Limited GVWR – 6,900 lbs
What’s the Difference Between Curb Weight and GVWR?
GVWR is the maximum your vehicle and its contents should weigh. For example, the RAM 1500 curb weight doesn’t include passengers, additional equipment, or towing weight. The gross vehicle weight rating, however, is the maximum weight that can be safely stowed in the vehicle, including the vehicle weight, passengers, cargo, and tongue weight if you’re towing. And remember: Tongue weight is not the same as towing capacity! It’s simply the amount of weight the trailer places on the hitch itself.
RAM 1500 Towing Capacity
An upgraded V8 engine delivers a lot of value when it comes to RAM 1500 towing. Max towing capacity on the truck rings in at 12,750 pounds of equipment, building material, or supplies for your job site. Standard and available technology on the RAM 1500 works hard to keep you, your cargo, and your passengers safe and stable on Kansas City roads. These features include:
- Active-Level™ Four Corner Air Suspension
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection
- 360 degree Surround View Camera
- Available 4×4 Off-Road Package
Put the RAM 1500 to the Test at Lee's Summit Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
With the RAM 1500, loading up has never been so easy. Avoid second trips with this model, and gain peace of mind that your performance and delivery will be reliable! Contact us today to set up a test drive.
More About the 2019 RAM 1500
How much does the RAM 1500 weigh? The answer is more complicated than you might expect! The 2019 RAM 1500 weight ranges from 4,798 lbs to 5,374 lbs unloaded, with a design that enables high towing capacity and max payload capacity. But what about its Gross Vehicle Weight Rating? If that’s what you’re looking for,…
The all-new 2019 RAM 1500 earns up to 20 mpg city and 25 mpg highway. The RAM 1500 earns this gas mileage with the 3.6L V6 Pentastar engine, eTorque capability, and front-wheel drive configuration. The 2019 RAM 1500 offers strong fuel economy numbers throughout the model lineup, so it’s worth checking out the mpg estimates…
The fully redesigned 2019 RAM 1500 delivers best-in-class V8 towing capabilities. Explore the RAM 1500 towing capability and features below, and then make the trip from Independence to test drive the all-new RAM truck at Lee's Summit Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram. View Inventory How to Reset Maintenance Light Contact Us RAM 1500 Towing Specs The 2019 RAM 1500 comes with…