2021 RAM 1500 Gas Mileage
The new RAM 1500 gets fantastic fuel economy for a pickup truck of its size! Just how good is the 2021 RAM 1500 gas mileage? With the 3.6L V6 Pentastar engine, eTorque capability, and rear-wheel drive, you can earn up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway in Kansas City. Prefer a 4×4 drivetrain for your truck? The RAM 1500 gets best-in-class 4×4 fuel economy! Explore the complete range of RAM 1500 mpg numbers with Lee's Summit Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram before you secure the keys.
RAM 1500 Fuel Economy by Engine and Drivetrain
Your 2021 RAM 1500 can be built out with one of three strong engines and equipped with either RWD or 4×4, depending on what type of performance you want on Blue Springs job sites. Take a look below to find out how your configuration will affect the RAM 1500 fuel economy:
3.6L Pentastar V6 Engine with eTorque
- Fuel Efficiency (4X2): 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway
- Fuel Efficiency (4X4): 19 mpg city/24 mpg highway
5.7L HEMI V8 Engine
- Fuel Efficiency (4X2): 15 mpg city/22 mpg highway
- Fuel Efficiency (4X4): 15 mpg city/21 mpg highway
5.7L HEMI V8 Engine with eTorque
- Fuel Efficiency (4X2): 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway
- Fuel Efficiency (4X4): 17 mpg city/22 mpg highway
What Is eTorque for the RAM 1500?
How are the RAM 1500 mpg ratings able to reach such impressive heights on Independence roads? One system you can thank is the eTorque mild hybrid system. RAM 1500 trims that have eTorque use a battery-powered 48-volt belt-driven motor instead of an alternator. Instinct might suggest that a mild hybrid system is better suited to hybrid and electric vehicles, but when you put it in the RAM 1500, the result is greater torque, higher payload, and more impressive towing—all while having a positive impact on the RAM 1500 fuel economy!
Other Features That Help the RAM 1500 MPG
The eTorque mild hybrid system is an available system for the RAM 1500, but there are other standard-equipped systems that also lend themselves to the RAM 1500 gas mileage:
- TorqueFlite Transmission – The RAM 1500 gets a standard TorqueFlite 8-speed automatic transmission, which adjusts shift points for superior efficiency and performance in Blue Springs.
- Exterior Design – The 2021 RAM 1500 is designed with a raised hood and more aerodynamic roof, effectively lowering its drag coefficient and boosting gas mileage.
- Active Air Dam – The RAM 1500 Rebel and non-air suspension models have a class-exclusive active air dam that lowers when the truck reaches 30 mph.
Discover a New RAM 1500 at Lee's Summit Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
Ready to start taking advantage of the RAM 1500 fuel economy on your way to job sites around Lee's Summit? Contact us or visit Lee's Summit Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram to secure the keys today! Our RAM experts can pair you with the trim level that’s right for your needs, while our finance specialists can get you a leasing or financing plan that suits your budget.
More From Lee's Summit Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
If you want the power of a Jeep with the utility of a three-row SUV, then the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L configurations offer plenty of options for your driving needs. The Jeep Grand Cherokee L is a new three-row Jeep with six different trim levels to explore. So, whether you’re heading on an…
It’s not exactly a secret that the new RAM 1500 is one of the most popular light-duty pickups you’ll find cruising around Kansas City and Blue Springs streets. All you need to do is take a quick look around you on the road, and you’ll notice plenty of RAM trucks driving by. But why is that? In…
The 2021 Jeep Wrangler is a fantastic SUV for Independence adventure lovers and intrepid Lee's Summit commuters alike. With 4×4 capability aplenty — not to mention a roomy and feature-packed interior — the Wrangler really does have it all. Want to see exactly what we mean? Read all about the Jeep Wrangler cargo space and interior…