2020 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity
If you’re shopping for a truck in Lee's Summit, you’ve probably asked yourself: how much can a RAM 1500 tow? The answer is quite impressive — the 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity maxes out at 12,750 pounds on its V8 engine, while its diesel engine is top-ranked. Find out about the specs and tech that contribute to the 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity below from Lee's Summit Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram!
RAM 1500: Towing Technology
Since towing isn’t just how many ponies and lb-ft of torque you can get out of your new truck, the RAM 1500 is loaded with features that make towing around Kansas City controlled and safe. Let’s start by looking at those features:
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: For this system, the RAM 1500 is not only designed to sense your blind spot on Blue Springs roads and warn you when a vehicle approaches, but it does the same for your trailer as well!
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission makes the towing and driving experience on your RAM 1500 smooth and very controlled.
- eTorque Mild Hybrid System: With this system, the RAM 1500 pushes its towing capacity to the max and can get up to the rating of 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- 14.9-Inch Brakes: These Largest-In-Class brakes give you enormous stopping power while towing.
RAM 1500: Towing Capacity by Engine
The answer to “How much can a RAM 1500 tow?” depends on the engine you choose. You have a few options when it comes to your RAM 1500 engine, from the quite hefty base engine to the new and improved EcoDiesel engine:
- Base 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine: Giving you 305 horsepower and 269 lb-ft of torque, this engine starts your RAM 1500 towing capacity at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine: This V8 generates 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque, resulting in a towing capacity of 11,610 pounds. Upgrade this to an eTorque engine to really max out the towing capacity at 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine: The best diesel tow rating in its class, this engine gives diesel drivers in Independence a towing capacity close to the V8’s: 12,560 pounds max towing with 260 horsepower and 480 lb-ft of torque.
Additionally, you can fit up to 2,300 pounds of payload in the expertly-designed multi-function tailgate on the RAM 1500.
Explore the RAM 1500 with Lee's Summit Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram!
Knowing how much can a RAM 1500 tow is just the beginning of learning about this truck, and Lee's Summit Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram is here to help Lee's Summit drivers with informed, expert service. Contact us to find out more about the RAM 1500 and when you can get behind the wheel! Or, if you’re checking out your other vehicle options, our website shows how the 1500 compares to the RAM 2500 and can tell you more about the 2020 RAM 2500’s towing capacity.
Recent News From Lee's Summit Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
If you’re shopping for a truck in Lee's Summit, you’ve probably asked yourself: how much can a RAM 1500 tow? The answer is quite impressive — the 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity maxes out at 12,750 pounds on its V8 engine, while its diesel engine is top-ranked. Find out about the specs and tech that contribute…
The 2020 Chrysler Pacifica can get your family from Kansas City to Blue Springs or wherever you need it to be, but how much can the Pacifica tow? Its stylish exterior and feature-rich interior are enough on their own to make the Pacifica a great vehicle, which is why you might not also know that the Chrysler…
Let’s face it: You need a truck that has the engineering prowess to handle the hardest jobs around Kansas City. Enter the 2020 RAM 2500! From hauling equipment around town to long trailering jobs, the new RAM 2500 can take it all in stride. With two engine options that boost the 2020 RAM 2500 towing capacity…